Actually.. I’M THE WORST BLOGGER!
Like seriously.. Who owns a blog and doesn’t post anything? I mean.. My last post was on November 12, 2014. It’s February 12, 2015 already!!
And you know the worst thing? I don’t even really know why.. I mean, it’s not that I didn’t have any inspiration at all.. on the contrary. The past few months had enough moments to talk about. In my mind I was writing blogs all day, err day. But the words didn’t reach my fingers and thus didn’t reach the paper. Or screen in this case.
So, what happened in my life from November 12, 2014 ’till now?
-I worked a lot. Made money. So much money that I reached the next point:
-I bought a car! She is a little Peugeot 106 from 1999. Blue and sportive. Her name is Elsa! (Frozen: best movie evahhh…) Just like the princes Elsa, she isn’t bothered by snow or anything else that has to do with the cold.. My blue baby <3. Totally funny when I told some friends about ‘expanding our little family’, they did not expect it to be a car… dah.
– I had the best Halloween EVAH! Ohmygosh.. Me and the girls were dressed as Disney figures gone bad.. We had a Snow white, Pocahontas, Esmeralda and I was Minnie Mouse. Oh god, we had so much fun while painting each other with some red paint (blood), drinking and just getting hyped up for the party. Oh men, I can’t even explain how much fun it was.
– I attended a casting! With hair, make-up, lighting, photo shoot and everything. It was for the company I work for.. for already 7 years.. dear lord! They were looking for new faces on the flyers, website and advertisements. So, I thought it was funny and told everyone to apply, but wasn’t planning on doing so myself. And then I was like: Yeah, why not? It could be funny. So I sent in a nice picture and some story about how amazing my face would be on some marketing material. Got an email back with an invitation for the casting day. My inner model was born. Until the day actually came. Man, I could have been shitting bricks, I was that nervous. So nervous that I some point I couldn’t even smile normally anymore. My mouth would start trembling whenever they told me to smile again. But then again, It was amazingly fun to do!
– And then I received another email: I was selected as one of the four faces of the company! It was time for another photo shoot! And hello to my face on your doormat in between your mail. Hello to my face on the little contract folder we hand out and hello to my face on the cover of the metro newspaper! Totally awkward.. But fun as well! I channeled my inner Victoria Secret smile and enjoyed the pulling on my clothes and hair. Make up brush in my face in between shots and especially the free lunch!
– My best friend G got engaged! OHMYGOOOOOOODDD!! This is like the first sign I am actually growing up. She is writing a blog about her preparations for her best day of her life.. Check it out on https://verliefdverloofdgetrouwd.wordpress.com (It’s in dutch though… ). It’s a funny story, but I will probably tell you guys about that in another blog. (Another reason to write one! Yeaaahhh)
– For the first time in years, I spent New Years Eve at home! Well, it wasn’t my home. And yes I was at a party. But still, this time I celebrated it only with my friends (and some friends of friends). It was sooo much fun. Of course I ended up black girl wasted. But you know how those things work. Some times you just have to drink a glass of champagne. Or 2. Or 20. Who cares. It was the beginning of 2015. The year that I will turn 25! OMG..
– I decided that 2015 would be the year of me travelling more. I love travelling. But the last years, I didn’t do it a lot. Don’t actually know why.. in 2012 I travelled to Turkey, Austria, Barcelona, Mallorca, Ibiza and Barcelona again. In 2013 I only went to Curacao. Which was okay because I spent a shitload of money on that trip. And 2014, I only crossed the north sea to London. Which was amazingly fun! But.. I missed being on an airplane.
– So, last week, N and I just went to Torino (Italy) for 3 days. I just love Ryanair. I paid €46,- for two return tickets! The city is really pretty and the food is even better. Oh my.. just writing this I wish I could go back in time and take a first bite of my pizza again. Or my wine out of a little cart-board box. the wine.. oh my.. I could write a whole book about my love for wine. Another reason for a new blog!!
– Last Monday, N and I went to a fancy ass hotel in Groningen (North of the Netherlands). It was like you stepped into the room of a Disney princess. Fluffy bed with a thousand pillows. The champagne was ready to be popped with some cheesy snacks next to it. And a big jacuzzi, ready for some bubbles. Oh man, It was like heaven. We both weren’t able to get out of that room.. I miss it already. Booohooo..
– And last but not least: I’m starting school tomorrow. Again. Crap. Fuck. Oops. I mean Frizz. Whatever. You know what I mean. I have to put my brains back to work. My ass back to flattening chairs. And from Netflix to studying. Wish me luck.
So, this is just a little part of what I was up to these past months. I promise. I REALLY promise. No wait.. I PINKY promise to start writing more.. hihihi Even if you guys don’t want to 😛